Friday, January 4, 2013

Whoa, Almost a Year Away (And a Recipe)

Well I didn't mean to abandon this blog for almost a year, but here we are. My abbreviated Paleo journey:

December 2011to January 2012 - Heard about Paleo for the first time and began researching
March 2012 - Moved across the country and pretty much gave up on trying to implement the Paleo lifestyle
August 16, 2012 - Sick and tired of feeling sick and tired, I started super clean Paleo. Over 2.5 months, I lost about 17 pounds and 2 pants sizes.
November 2012 to December 2012 - Started slipping from Paleo with National Novel Writing Month, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Gained 4 pounds, started sleeping like crap again, joint pain, constant stomach pain, and my face looked like a pizza.
January 2, 2013 - Once again, sick and tired, I committed to clean Paleo again.

Tonight's meal was jalapeno garlic chicken with cauliflower rice. I saw this somewhere on Chowstalker but can't find it again, plus I changed it up enough so it's my recipe now :). Probably wear gloves or be careful with the jalapenos. My hands are still burning a couple of hours later. I used my new mini-Cuisinart food processor for this, and it sped up the whole process. You certainly don't need one, but it will make it go much faster!

Jalapeno Garlic Chicken

2 tablespoons of coconut oil and/or ghee (I combined them)
1 white or yellow onion, chopped
8 cloves of garlic, minced
2 jalapenos, most of the seeds removed, diced
2 chicken breasts (or whatever cut you have handy), cut into small pieces
Juice of one lime
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Heat the oil in a pan over medium-low heat
2. Add the onions and saute until translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Sprinkle a little salt over them to get them sweating.
3. Salt and pepper the chicken chunks, and add them, along with the jalapenos and garlic, to the pan
4. Squeeze the lime or dump the juice over the pan
5. Cook until chicken is cooked through

Serve over cilantro cauliflower "rice" (I used the recipe from the amazing book Practical Paleo - if you don't have it, go order it right now)

Ok, one more recipe on the books. I hope to keep it up this time!










No comments:

Post a Comment