Sunday, June 9, 2013

Day 7: Kill All the Things

My first Whole 30 pretty closely followed the normal timeline. I was fine, then had major low-carb hangover, then was majorly pissed off, then exhausted, then cravings and dreams, then amazing energy that led me to do another month and a half of Whole 30. This time's been a little different. Immediately on Day 1, I was having major cravings. Not good. Maybe I just wasn't mentally or grocery prepared. I still wasn't sure the day before if I was going to commit to it, but Day 1 rolled around and I made the good choice. I was super, can't-keep-my-eyes-open on Day 3, and Day 5 I strayed. I went to the movies and out to dinner, and while I stuck to gluten-free, I definitely wasn't Paleo. I was back at it yesterday, Day 6, which was fine.

Then today, Day 7, I felt really strong against cravings, but also like I wanted to Kill All the Things. I ran errands with my parents and everything was annoying me. EXCEPT when they got frozen yogurt from Costco. I thought it would be really hard to resist the Costco food court (cheese pizza, anyone?), but I was totally fine. There was a moment when we drove by a McDonald's and I could almost taste a Big Mac (which is weird, because McDonald's is not one of my craving triggers, and I rarely eat there), but didn't really give it a second thought.

A good breakfast probably helped. I made these honey muffins from Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations. Yum! I bought more ingredients and plan to quadruple the recipe tomorrow and refrigerate the leftovers for breakfasts for the week. I know, not Whole 30. I may as well just call this 30 days a Paleo Challenge, because it's definitely not Whole 30. Oh well, I'm happy with it. Snack was roasted pumpkin seeds. Late lunch was a lettuce wrapped sandwich. And dinner was BBQ chicken breasts, sweet potatoes, pineapple, and spinach.

Breakfast! 
Lunch Wrap


 



Busy crafting!
















After dinner I got busy crafting and making mayonnaise using this recipe. I've tried to make it before with other recipes and failed. Multiple times. Or I thought it smelled weird so I threw it out. But not this time. This time, it was perfect. I followed the recipe to a T and came up with this beauty that I get to snack on all week



The perfect homemade mayo

 Ok, time to have a square of dark chocolate and try not to kill anyone before bed.

Oh, and another potentially related side effect of Day 7- brain fog in the form of choosing the wrong word while speaking several times. Electron instead of electrolyte. Utility instead of utensils. Things like that. Weird.



No comments:

Post a Comment