Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 8: Down 3.2 pounds!

One week and I've lost 3 pounds! Pretty good considering I wasn't doing this Paleo Challenge with the express purpose of losing weight. I wanted to get back to healthy eating and feeling better, but I'll take the weight loss too. Though I'm now at that point in my weight loss that has tripped me up over and over again - right on the border between the 130s and 140s. See numerous previous posts where I get to 140 or 141 and then disappear for months. It seems like there's a mental block or something that stops me right at this point. I don't think it's a physical plateau. I've got plenty of fat left to lose, and with my height and build I could comfortably be down in the high 120s, so I don't know what it is. It's something about seeing 139 on the scale that freaks me out. Part of me gets really excited and thinks I can take a load off since I'm in the 130s. Part of me is scared. Of what, I don't really know. Something for me to discover, I guess. I'm hoping I can break through the damn barrier this time and keep gradually and healthily getting to a stable weight my body and I are happy with, and feel better, sleep better, and have energy again. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment